Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Handstands into Fall

Yikes, I can't believe it's been over a month since I posted.  So much has happened during those 4 weeks.  Here's a brief rewind ala Quinten Tarintino.  Gemini graduated from her puppy class!  Admittedly I deferred making my graduation video because I didn't feel that we were as advanced as some teams.  But when I finally decided to shoot the video (which took me 4 hours to edit) I was able to see how much we have accomplished.  Remember all those problems with backing up?  Well now she backs up everywhere and can even back up a wall and go into a handstand position.  My goal is to get her to do a free handstand by the New Year.  That and maybe a down stay?  How about a recall?  I can tell that I'll be spending some time with Cynde and Myst to work on our recall.

Here's her Graduation Video:  Gemini Graduates!

Gemini turned 6 months old on Oct 9th!  Yay!  We happened to be in Boulder City, NV for an agility trial at that time.  Much to our delite and surprise an All Breed Sprint Lure Club was having a practice and test.  I entered her in 3 practice runs.  She'd be running solo, no fancy gear or muzzle, and a simple 100 yard straight sprint.  Unfortunately the dogs before us were not so keen on coursing.  Well, I told the guy operating the lure that she is going to come out hot.  I guess he just didn't think a little white puppy was capable of really running or he didn't hear me.  Anyway, first time out of the gate she caught the lure within 20' then she played with it, ran with it, and totally celebrated with it.  She owned that lure.  Her next 2 runs were great.  We started her back from the line and gave the lure a head start.  Success!  She chased it the entire 100 yards and never looked back!  It was thrilling to watch her and the other dogs just RUN.:

Here's her clip with some of her captured lure antics Gemini vs the Lure



No comments:

Post a Comment